Reuse and repair in the circular economy
On January 26, 2023 from 14:00 to 16:30 CET, the Policy Learning Platform is organising an online workshop on reuse and repair in the circular economy.
Our thematic experts Astrid Severin and Magda Michalikova will moderate the event. We have invited experts from the field to share with you their good practices and experiences in facilitating greater re-use and repair.
Why you should join
Our online thematic workshop will put the focus on strategies and policies facilitating greater re-use and repair.
Furthermore, by attending our event you will learn about
- Strategies and activities that help European regions and municipalities to decrease waste generation and create local reuse and repair economy
- Good practices about reuse centres, repair workshops, management of surplus food, second-hand clothing shops and reusable packaging
- The use of economic incentives and legislative incentives, such as the Austrian repair bonus and reusable packaging targets
What you can expect
Keynote discussions on reuse and repair strategies
- Edoardo Bodo, RREUSE (Belgium) on ‘How can local authorities create a repair economy’
- Jack McQuibban, Zero Waste Europe (Belgium) on ‘Reuse at the heart of circular economy and local job creation’ – tbc
Working Group I – Reuse
- María Ángeles Pintor, City of Zaragoza (Spain) on ‘The clothing store “Latido Verde”’ (CECI) – flash presentation – tbc
- Russell Yates, Suez Recycling and Recovery (United Kingdom) on ‘The Renew Hub – Reuse on an industrial scale’ (REDUCES) – tbc
- Cyril Baldacchino, Réseau Consigne (France) ‘Network of reusable packaging organisations in France’ (RETRACE) – flash presentation – tbc
Working group II – Repair
- Ariane Julien, Region Provence-Alpes-Côte d´Azur (France) on ‘Répar’acteurs: the network and brand of craftsmen who repair everyday objects’ (CECI) – flash presentation.
- Ingrid Winter, Regional Government of Styria (Austria) on ‘Online Guide for Repair Shops’ (SUBTRACT) – flash presentation
- Peter Christensen, Municipality of Aarhus (Denmark) on ‘A Rolling Repair Van’ (2LIFES) – flash presentation.
Closing keynote session
- Ioannis Antonopoulos, European Commission (DG ENV) on ‘New reusable packaging targets and the review of the EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive’
Published by CVTI